Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cooking, Diapers, Get Help

Other Survival Tips:

Things that have helped me the most:


Freezer Meals: We had about 2 or 3 months of meals frozen. They have

saved me many a night. Now when I cook I usually double the recipe and freeze half. It is so wonderful to pull it out and not have to figure anything out.


Diaper Derby: My church did a baby shower/diaper derby and blessed us with 4 to 5 months supply of diapers! A HUGE blessing to be grateful for someone's generosity every time you change a diaper. People do care and really do want to do what they can to help.


Extra Help: My aunt drives my kids to school, I have my kid's friends drive them sometimes, I really have to rely on others right now.


Take a Year Off: Get rid of all extras for just one year. We scaled down all the kids activities to just piano, once a week. It is really such a special time to focus just on your family. It can be great to be in survival mode, it makes you appreciate things so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment